As yall have seen from my post on chicken parmesan you know that I have done a little bit of catering before. I also really love hosting dinner parties!! One of the components of planning a dinner party is planning ahead, deciding what to cook, preparing the grocery list and a special touch I like to add to each dinner party: a themed menu for the night.
Pictured: Chicken Parmigiana, Garlic Risotto, sautéed spinach
Here are a few examples of menus I have done in the past:
anniversary menu simple and sweet for just the two of us!
italian menu for the really fancy dinner
martins menu this was the menu I made for the dinner we catered
I like to cut them and back them on cardstock, then laminate them so my guests get the feeling of being in a real restaurant.
Steps to create the perfect dinner party menu:
- decide what you are cooking
- decide how you want to serve everything (in what order)
- type it up
- split the page into columns so they have that menu style
- fancify it: take advantage of fonts, use color, pictures, backing paper, laminate paper
- place menus at sitting area/on top of charger plates or in front of the place setting
- sit back and watch the surprise look your guests get when they see you went all out
*TIP: use your thesaurus, don’t say something simple like mac n cheese (unless that is the fun style you are going for) say Pasta with creamy cheddar sauce, use your adjectives. Notice on the Italian menu I used Italian words which created more of a sophisticate-I-feel-like-I’m-actually-in-Italy vibe.